About the Role
The Director, Healthcare owns project definition, scope monitoring, budgeting & timing of multiple projects at one time. The Director combines client engagement leadership, strategic ability, and management responsibilities. Considered a leader by others, the Director takes accountability for uncovering and delivering relevant insights and recommendations that deliver exquisite client experiences.
The Director champions innovative approaches to in-sync’s offerings and begins to provide thought leadership around current and future initiatives.
Spends 15% of time on business development tasks. Typically allocates 4-6 hours per week for proposals
- BD Meetings: Leads less complex BD (Business Development) meetings
- Current Client Leadership: Builds strong and trusting relationships with assigned current clients. Responsible for ‘smaller’ accounts
- Organic Growth: Builds ‘smaller’ anchor accounts (those $300k and less)
- Therapeutic Expertise: Expert in target area, proficient in two or more other therapeutic areas
- Proposal Approach: Provides strategic leadership on proposals (RFPs)
- Proposal (RFP) Content: Writes strategic and custom slides
- Capabilities Presentation: Supports capabilities presentations by owning one or more aspects of each presentation assigned, e.g.: speaking to Methods or pulling together content
- Thought leadership: Provides thought leadership around in-sync client offerings and initiatives
Insights, Project Delivery and Relationship Management
Spends 75% of time project delivery and continuity of client relations; leads assigned projects and is ultimately responsible for the output of a project. Supports XX of projects and xx number of complex projects.
- Project Review: Collaborates with team (and coaches others) to determine and drive project objectives
- Uses Expertise: Leads and brings innovation to Insights projects
- “Transform” Projects: Builds Transform skillsets (e.g.facilitation of workshops, strategic consultation, development of innovation methods and deliverables). Leads integrated Transform projects.
- Leads Moderator resources for engagements worth $100,00 or more
- Execution: Ensures work is completed on schedule and within budget. Ensures deliverables meet client requirements
- Research: Gains deep understanding of relevant and credible data, therapeutic area, and ongoing brand and business challenges.
- Methods: Develops methods. Writes and customizes instruction guides (e.g. how-to implement each research method) for each client project
- Back Room: Participates in the “Back room” in facilities for moderated sessions. Participates a maximum of 1 day in one market for each complex project
Project Reporting and Closing
- Analysis and Insights: Dives into the research and data across multiple methods/projects. Able to synthesize insights in the moment, has a POV and makes disparate connections easily.
- Recommendations: Presents ideas to senior members of the Strategist team
- Finances: Ensures delivery of the final Scope of Work
- Client satisfaction: Drives relationship building with key or assigned clients with the goal of building professional relationships that are enduring and trusting based on delivering high quality work
- Reporting: Presents data in a clear, succinct, and compelling manner. Keeps team informed of changes to ensure effective and efficient communication
- Team Player: Works collaboratively across all in-sync people and teams. Driven by delivering the right work in the right way regardless of where the ideas came from.
- Presentations: Strong, effective written and presentation skills
Company and Individual Leadership
Spends 10% of time on citizen and leadership related work.
- Meeting planning and execution: Conducts regular, constructive 1:1 meetings with others (supervisor and direct reports)
- Weekly leadership meetings: Prepares and attends weekly meetings regarding staffing updates and difficulties
- Managing Others’ Careers: Responsible for the career development of others. Gives timely and effective feedback, coaches for improved performance, challenges and engages high potentials, deliver regular People Development meetings, effectively manages performance issues, provides ad-hoc career coaching. Builds team reports
- People Resource Management: Tactically manage resources, assign work and provide feedback
- Learning Culture: Activity participates in shared learning and teaching opportunities. Attends organizational training. Supports and encourages diversity of thought
- Recruiting: Networks with candidates. Prioritizes the interview process
- Corporate Leadership: Supports (by participating andleading) in-sync Corporate social responsibility internal initiatives through MoG (“Ministry of Glue”)
- Internal Relationships: Works seamlessly with all Strategist levels. Fosters strong relationships with people in all other departments.
- Tools and Methods: Expertise with in-sync products, tools and best practices.
- Client: Increasingly knowledgeable about the client’s business, brand, consumer, and marketing strategy
- Medical: Expert in target area, proficient in one or more other therapeutic areas
- Strategic: Strong knowledge of strategic consulting models. Strong knowledge of specific client needs and their ongoing business challenges. Begins to think of “greater picture” as a strategic problem solver
- Innovative thinking
- Able to synthesize insights in the moment, have a POV and make disparate connections easily
- Exhibits Integrity and Trust
- Exhibits Self Development
About Publicis Health
Publicis Health is the world’s premier health-oriented agency network. A division of Publicis Groupe, Publicis Health manages top-tier agencies specializing in promoting innovative solutions in advertising, digital, branding, message delivery, market access, and medical communications. Publicis Health’s mission is to be the indispensable force for health and wellness business transformation through the alchemy of creativity and technology—for good.
With more than 5,000 employees around the world, Publicis Health manages 18 agency brands through 40 offices located in seven countries. Publicis Health brands include Digitas Health, Discovery USA, Heartbeat, in-sync, Langland, Maxcess Managed Markets, Payer Sciences, PDI, PlowShare Group, Publicis Health Media, Publicis LifeBrands, Publicis Resolute, Publicis Touchpoint Solutions, Razorfish Health, Real Science, Saatchi & Saatchi Wellness, Tardis Medical Consultancy, and Verilogue.