Senior Director, Strategy – In-Sync, New York
Job Number: IN-000159
United States-New York
The Senior Director, Healthcare owns project definition, scope monitoring, budgeting & timing of multiple projects at one time. The Senior Director combines client engagement leadership, strategic ability, and management responsibilities. Considered a leader by others, the Senior Director takes accountability for uncovering and delivering relevant insights and recommendations that deliver exquisite client experiences.
The Senior Director champions innovative approaches to Insync’s offerings and begins to provide thought leadership around current and future initiatives.
Spends 15% of time on business development tasks. Typically allocates 4-6 hours per week for proposals
- BD Meetings: Leads less complex BD (Business Development) meetings
- Current Client Leadership: Builds strong and trusting relationships with assigned current clients. Responsible for ‘smaller’ accounts
- Organic Growth: Builds ‘smaller’ anchor accounts (those $300k and less)
- Therapeutic Expertise: Expert in target area, proficient in two or more other therapeutic areas
- Proposal Approach: Provides strategic leadership on proposals (RFPs)
- Proposal (RFP) Content: Writes strategic and custom slides
- Capabilities Presentation: Supports capabilities presentations by owning one or more aspects of each presentation assigned, e.g. speaking to Methods or pulling together content
- Thought leadership: Provides thought leadership around in-sync client offerings and initiatives
Insights, Project Delivery and Relationship Management
Spends 75% of time project delivery and continuity of client relations; leads assigned projects and is ultimately responsible for the output of a project. Supports XX of projects and xx number of complex projects.
- Project Review: Collaborates with the team (and coaches others) to determine and drive project objectives
- Uses Expertise: Leads and brings innovation to Insights projects
- “Transform” Projects: Builds Transform skillsets (e.g. facilitation of workshops, strategic consultation, development of innovative methods and deliverables). Leads integrated Transform projects.
- Leads Moderator resources for engagements worth $100,000 or more
- Execution: Ensures work is completed on schedule and within budget. Ensures deliverables meet client requirements
- Research: Gains deep understanding of relevant and credible data, therapeutic area, and ongoing brand and business challenges.
- Methods: Develops methods. Writes and customizes instruction guides (e.g. how-to implement each research method) for each client project
- Back Room: Participates in the “Back room” in facilities for moderated sessions. Participates a maximum of 1 day in one market for each complex project
Project Reporting and Closing
- Analysis and Insights: Dives into the research and data across multiple methods/projects. Able to synthesize insights in the moment, has a POV and makes disparate connections easily.
- Recommendations: Presents ideas to senior members of the Strategist team
- Finances: Ensures delivery of the final Scope of Work
- Client satisfaction: Drives relationship building with key or assigned clients with the goal of building professional relationships that are enduring and trusting based on delivering high-quality work
- Reporting: Presents data in a clear, succinct, and compelling manner. Keeps the team informed of changes to ensure effective and efficient communication
- Team Player: Works collaboratively across all in-sync people and teams. Driven by delivering the right work in the right way regardless of where the ideas came from.