Sr Strategist, Social Science
Job Number: IN-000171
At Insync, we are investigators of human behaviors. We look at what people do; why they do it; and what propels them along/holds them back in making changes and decisions. The decisions that humans make are complex: they are influenced by not only rational and emotional factors; they also are influenced by historical, cultural, psychological, and political factors as well.
Who we are:
- Brand Strategy and
- Deep Customer
- Behavioral Insights and Decision
- Strategic Brand
We facilitate a patient-centric viewpoint via 3 specialized areas: Insights. Consulting. Training.
Insync is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and part of the largest healthcare communications group in the world, Publicis Health Global network.
The Senior Strategist, Social Science executes whole projects or parts of larger and more complex projects. The Senior Strategist, Social Science is a proactive, analytic and persuasive client partner. This role has direct and indirect management responsibilities. The Senior Strategist, Social Science directly delivers exquisite client experiences.
- Collaborates with team to determine and drive project objectives. Organizes and participates in internal brainstorming sessions.
- Builds off data and understanding across multiple methods/projects, synthesizes insights in the moment, has a POV and makes disparate connections easily.
- Presents complex data and synthesized insights in written form in a clear, succinct, compelling manner, including recommendations.
- Functions independently as the in-facility moderator as well as all remote methods.
- Leads more complex research projects. Drives completion of project by diligently and flawlessly executing on assigned area of project. Manages the output of a project by managing people from multiple departments. Work is always on target, on time and significant to the client, leading ultimately to exquisite client experiences.
- Collaborates or owns parts of more complex consulting or training related projects. Is able to bring in and apply outside thinking and early ability to pull-through more complex marketing/design/innovation related ideas to create strategic impact for clients.
- Goes beyond “managing the client” to help the client manage his or her own teams in pursuit of the project goals.
- Defines activities and owns method guide development. Leverages in-house knowledge, precedents and method philosophy to support strategic requirements of project.
- Works collaboratively with Project Management, New Business team, Social Scientists among other internal teams. Driven by delivering the right work in the right way regardless of where the ideas came from.
- Highly proficient with in-sync products, tools and best practices.
- Demonstrates significant knowledge of work procedures. Adheres to work process and leads parts of projects.
- Has full and detailed understanding of client processes and priorities.
- Demonstrates drive to innovate and bringing in fresh new thinking and perspectives.
- Can lead a broad range of proposal responses with success and proficiency.
- Demonstrates ability to create repeat clients and expand project from within.
- Manages people (PM, AS) on a project-by-project basis. Drives the project work and troubleshoots issues.
- Supports (by participating and leading) Insync corporate social responsibility internal initiatives through MoG (“Ministry of Glue”).
- Assists in other duties as assigned.
- Ph.D Required.
- 6-8 years of experience in marketing strategy, qualitative market research, design thinking/ strategy, digital strategy, or foresight, management consulting.
- Proficient in multiple therapeutic areas, increasingly gains expertise in target area.
- Ability to synthesize, incorporate and present learnings and frameworks from academic work in a way that is easily accessible and meaningful for fellow strategists and for our clients.
- Proficient business writing and verbal presentation skills, including but not limited to: proper word choice, excellent grammar, suitable sentence construction and compelling narrative.
- Proactive and resourceful. Highly organized with exceptional prioritization and project/ time management skills, able to manage multiple priorities in highly collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- Exhibits integrity and trust.
- Proficient interpersonal and client services skills. Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with all levels of the organization.
- Proficient in providing and receiving constructive feedback as well as mentoring others.
- Proactive approach to meeting customer needs and strong problem-solving skills.
- Travel required.
About Publicis Health
Publicis Health is the world’s premier health-oriented agency network. A division of Publicis Groupe, Publicis Health manages top-tier agencies specializing in promoting innovative solutions in advertising, digital, branding, message delivery, market access, and medical communications. Publicis Health’s mission is to be the indispensable force for health and wellness business transformation through the alchemy of creativity and technology—for good.
With more than 5,000 employees around the world, Publicis Health manages 18 agency brands through 40 offices located in seven countries.
Insync is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from all interested parties. Accommodations are available, upon request, for all stages of the interview and employment process for those with a disability or medical need during any stage of the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their interest in Insync, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.